Saturday, July 3, 2010

"umm..wtf are you singing??"

In responding to one of Caroline’s (@thecarolineann) tweets I said “I’m blue (da ba dee da ba die)” as in that song that was all too popular for being generally an awful song during my early childhood and it made me recall completely misunderstanding the lyrics as a seven year old. I was adamant about the lyrics saying “I’m blue, if I were green I would die” (shut up, I know you have messed up lyrics before too & these were the days before I knew about lyrics websites so I have an excuse). My hilarious friend Annemarie (follow her on twitter, @thelegitam), who I don’t believe reads this blog but should write her own, is the BEST at messing up lyrics. I believe once in her french class (Olivia, correct me if I’m wrong in the comments) she revealed that she believed the lyrics in Toni Basil’s ‘Mickey’ (video below) were “Oh Mickey you’re so fine, you’re so fine you draw the line” instead of “Oh Mickey you’re so fine you blow my mind”. Again while in a restaurant in Paris, I got to experience the hilarity of mistaken lyrics when Annemarie singing along with Sheryl Crow’s cover of “The First Cut is the Deepest” (why they were playing American music in every French restaurant I went to I will never comprehend) was singing “the first time is the deepest” the inner 12 year old boy in me died laughing.

(EDIT: Just as I published this post Olivia texted me and said "Annemarie just sang california gurls as "so hot we'll knock your popsicle"" This my friends is why I love her.)

I love mistaken lyrics, so in the comments tell me some of your lyrical errors to entertain me through my night on lockdown. =)

Favorite tweet: @LivitLuvit “RT @mashable: Top 10 Geekiest Marriage Proposals - http://bit.ly/cMPOPf” (I love them all, watch the vids, they are so cute. especially the Mario one & the iPhone)

Peace, Love, & Happiness (& enjoy this music video..)

3 comments:

  1. I used to always thing the Pussy cat dolls song "When I grow up" said "when I grow up I wanna have boobies". I think it actually says something about movies I don't remember. But I know it's not boobies. Wouldn't put it past the PCD though! Ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alejandro: apparently it's "Mexico rejoice" not "Mexic-over joy'd"

    ReplyDelete