Friday, July 2, 2010

i drank the purple koolaid (or I guess in this case its red)

I saw Eclipse tonight *bows head in immense shame* and I liked it. All you “Twihards” (I believe thats what you call yourselves) out there: cool your shit, I know I “just don’t get it” and “really its magical” (which by the way confuses me, I know wizards such as those from Harry Potter are magical but what are vampires? Are they too “magical”?) but the books are written poorly and I am a literature snob. Stephenie Meyer uses too many adjectives and I cannot get past it. The plot may be fantastic but if you are too descriptive (Nathaniel Hawthorne, I am talking to you) I could care less how fabulous the plot is, I will not read it (see: The Scarlet Letter). Also, I saw New Moon and as an actress I positively wanted to explode at the fact those actors were getting paid obscene amounts of money for..that. It was atrocious. That being said the eye candy was delightful; Taylor Lautner I’m pretty sure was the only reason I survived that film. Anyway, Eclipse was heads and tails (pun was not intended but now that I notice it I’m leaving it in) above New Moon. Xavier, Jackson, and Taylor were gorgeous and the new director made the film so bearable I was shocked. The changes he made in Kristen were subtle enough that she wasn’t a completely new character but accomplished the goal of making Kristen Stewart play someone other than Kristen Stewart.

The film was acted & shot well enough that I actually was able to pay attention to the plot and I got kind of into so now my dear friend Zach (follow him on twitter at @zachzapatoamigo, you won’t regret it) is making me read the books. Maybe I will be able to get through the excessive usage of the words “icy” and “cold” enough that I can at least enjoy the plot. Here’s hoping.

Favorite tweet of the day: @zachzapatoamigo summing up our fabulous summer day “Today was a fantastic day. Shopping, seeing all my favorite people, #TaylorLautner & #Eclipse made an encore appearance too. #lovesummer”

Peace, Love, & Happiness My Lovelies

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to warn you right now:
    The Twilight Books do not have a plot.
    Just thought you'd like to know before
    you waste your precious time.

    How about instead, you read Anna Karenina.
    Or Lolita.

    ... Or ... The Berenstein Bears Count Their Blessings.

    All have plot.

    And all are much better written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahah i am reading Anna Karenina in my AP Lit class this year so I will hold off on that one but I have been meaning to read Lolita maybe I will check it out along with my ungodly long list of books I'm currently in the middle of lol.

    ReplyDelete